Thursday, February 5, 2009

Birthday #1

So my boyfriends birthday is on Saturday and I decided that I needed to cram out some cards. I had two options...well there are more if I included my cupcake and cake stamps but I wanted to get more personal with it and make the card just for him. My two options were to use Full Fluffles or Tractor Riley Moose. He loves cats but I know he doesn't do sweats, and then he is totally a country boy like I am a country girl, his family owns a chopping company and every year he comes to my family's farm and he chops our corn, so the tractor Riley would work for him too. I decided that I would make several cards using both stamps.

So I know he loves cats so here is the first one that I made. In the process of making it, he called me so he got to help me make the card. I asked him if he preferred chocolate or vanilla cake lol and he said he preferred vanilla cake with chocolate frosting so I did brown liquid appliqué for the frosting. Then I went on and asked him if he would rather have a cat and a cake or a moose and a tractor lol this really confused him, he had no idea what I was talking about but he ended up choosing the moose and the tractor. So here is the card that I had already started and until his birthday on Saturday I will show you the two other cards that I made.





(this pic shows the balloon with the diamond glaze for a 3D look)


Recipe:

Card: 5 1/2 by 5 1/2
Stamps: Stampendous Full Fluffles, SU So many scallops
Paper: Michael's Paper Slab
Ink: Pitch Black (Adirondack), Markers (Copics)
Accessaries: Diamond Glaze, Marvy Uchida Liquid Appliqué, Stickles, Nestibilities, Brads, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, SU Scallop Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment