Thursday, November 20, 2008

Let it Snow!!!

So I really hate winter, I'm such a summer girl and I love the sun, but right now I'm really feeling winter, probably because it's not really acting like winter here. I hate rain so I don't want it to rain but I want it to be cold so that I can snuggle up by the fireplace and drink some hot chocolate and watch movies, how fun, but winter isn't coming, oh well huh, I'll just pretend it's winter with my cards, lol.

These first two cards I was again inspired by Amy at Prairie Paper & Ink. She made some beautiful Peace and Joy Cards so I thought that I would try out her idea with the supplies that I have.

For this first card the saying is "Let it snow" which you can't really see.




For this second card I decided to go all glittery, love glitter!! I used a technique that Jillian taught some of us at her SU Stamp Club, it's to change your brads either make them glittery or make them soft with flock so I chose to glitter my brads up. The technique is to use your heat tool to heat up the brad, I used a pair of tweezers to hold the brad, heated it then dipped it in SU Heat n Stick Powder, heated it again to make the powder sticky, dip the brad in the glitter and then heated again to seal the glue and glitter. Pretty simple just be careful not to burn yourself, the brad tends to get very hot.



This second cards was inspired to me by Jilian at Ink, Stamp, & Scrap. Her idea was to make her own Designer paper so I thought I would do that with the snowflake stamps that I have and I decided that I wanted to use lots of glitter so I inked the snowflake in two different blues and then on top I used glitter embossing powder to make random glitter snowflakes on top. It came out a little abstract, and at first I didn't like it but the look is growing on me.




Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of you day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment