Saturday, May 2, 2009

Relay for Life Cancer Walk


Just got done with the Relay for Life Caner walk here in Sacramento at Howe Park. Lucky for me it only sprinkled a little bit and then when I got home it started to pour, so I'm glad that I was able to stay dry, but I'm proud of those people who had to walk in the rain. It's all for a good cause so it's worth it!!!

I walked from 4:30 to 6 and was able to walk 3 1/2 miles, what an accomplishment. I was joined by other students from the Sacramento State Public Health Club and I was able to walk those 3 1/2 miles with one of my Professors, her mom, and her two sons.

Our club had two teams, and both were in honor of one of our Public Health Professor who passed away earlier this semester from cancer, I believe breast cancer but Im not to sure. Each team participating in the Relay had a theme and ours was Hawaiian, and I believe that was because Professor Seid was Hawaiian, also our team name was "A Seid to Remember." Cute name in honor of our Professor. So the above picture of me was taken in front of our team themed tent.

What a great walk, don't forget if you interested in donating to Relay for Life for cancer research you still can just head on over to my Personal Participant Page to make a donation. It can big as little as $5 or as big as you want. We have all been touch or will be touched in some way by cancer so help by donating a litte, it will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment