Monday, May 25, 2009

VLVMay01 Thank you

For the week of 5/1 the {twist} over at the verve forum is an inspiration challenge! Amber challenges you to be inspired by something in your home! She doesn't care what it is, could be a painting, your couch, bedspread, a book, ANYTHING! All she asks is that you let us know what you were inspired by! You are free to take a picture of the object and post it here with a link to your card, we'd love to see it!

Keywords for this weeks sketch are VLVMay01 and Verve (if you're using Verve stamps). Verve stamps are NOT required but we love to see the Verve stamps being put to good use ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO PLAY!

So here it is, I was inspired by this beautiful Anthurium plant that my boyfriend gave me. I know they are pink but I was inspired by the little thing that comes out of every flower, and I used it to inspire me to use flower soft, cause that it what the little think poking out of the flower reminds me of. It also inspired my to use my Because of you Verve Stamp set.

When I first bought this set, "Because of You," I knew I wanted to use Flower Soft on it, but I hadn't gotten my hands on it yet. So a few weeks ago there was a Stamp convention here in Sacramento, and my goal in going was that I was going to buy Flower Soft. Sure enough one of the booths there was selling Flower Soft, I was supper excited!!! So this was my first attempt at trying it out.

So here is my card. Enjoy!!!



Recipe:

Card Size: 5 x 4 1/2
Stamps: Verve Because of You
Paper: Whisper White, Cream, Purple Cardstock
Ink: Pitch black (Adirondack), ColorBox Classic pigment Cat's Eyes Queue Moss Green
Accessories: Lavender Flower Soft, Green Gross Grain Ribbon,

Thanks for stopping by, have a fun and safe Memorial day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment